Select Hiking Trails France
This site is designed to provide quick, organized access to informative hiking websites on France. Hiking enthusiasts like you have created excellent web pages on hiking trails in France -- then posted those pages on free web servers -- only to be ignored by search engines. The purpose of this site is to provide a way to find these personal hiking pages, and make your research easier.
- Corsica, Pyrenees Commercial operation, Tour Aventure, offering Walking holidays in Corsica, Pyrenees, Provence
and Sardinia. Site has links to helpful info on Grande Randonnée GR20, Grande Randonnée GR10, and the Mare e Monti.
- General A site about walking in France and Europe, notably along the GR ("sentiers de grande randonnée"), by Pierre Lavaurs. Pierre has put quite a few kilometers under his shoes; just looking at his route map makes my feet hurt. Takes a few clicks to get to the specifics, but it is definitely worth it. Outstanding photos...great all-around site. If you plan to visit France you will definitely want to check this out for ideas.
- General the NetRando site features hiking and open air activities in France. This site recommends several important treks with photos, complete details, and downloadable pdf files. Excellent photos here.
- Luberon (Provence) Here's a very informative website - in English - that provides all sorts of background info and helpful suggestions for planning hikes in the Luberon area of Provence, France. It's written by Kathy Wood, a former resident who still visits the area regularly. After you read through the basics, the site provides four links to in-depth hike reports: A Circular Walk from Bonnieux to Lacoste, The Falaise at Lioux, a tour of Saint-Veran, and a beautiful hike through the Gorges de Regalon. A must click!
- Massif de la Chartreuse is one of the finest walking areas in France and offers excellent caving opportunities, with several hundred kilometres of caves known in its 2,000 sq. kilometres. In 1995 it was made a Regional Nature Park in recognition of its scenic beauty and cultural heritage. Site is quite informative.
- Languedoc Fabienne and Frederic invite you to come to share their passion for l'arrière Languedocien. Languedoc-Nature presents a variety of ecotourism ideas for the diversity of terrain in this region.
Please click here for the Slackpacker web site
Want to add YOUR page describing hiking in France? It's free, it's easy, and there are no strings attached. Please click the "Submit a Site" button, above left, for instructions and complete information.